U.S. Processing of China Reunion Visa, China Q1 Visa VIP Service

Category: News Date: 2024-01-19 Views: 9

Regarding the Chinese Q1 Reunion Visa, this is a type of visa specifically for those intending to go to China to reunite with family members and planning to stay in China for more than 180 days. This visa category applies to a variety of family relationships, including the ones you mentioned: spouses, parents, parents of spouses, children and their spouses, siblings, grandparents, great-grandparents, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. As a professional CEV VIP Chinese visa service provider, we are committed to offering comprehensive and efficient Q1 visa processing services for clients planning to travel to China and seeking to reunite with their families. Understanding the importance of family, our expert team will do everything possible to ensure your visa application process is smooth and worry-free.

The Q1 visa in China is a long-term residence visa designed for foreign nationals who wish to reunite with their family members in China. Whether it's your spouse, parents, children, or even more extended family members like grandparents or grandchildren, we understand that each applicant's needs are unique. Therefore, we provide customized services, from preparing application materials to submitting the application, and then to post-approval consultations, offering professional guidance and support throughout. In this article, we will detail the issues related to the Q1 visa and how we can help you easily navigate these challenges. Our goal is to ensure that your journey of reuniting with your family starts with anticipation, not anxiety. Let's begin and explore the journey of processing a Q1 visa together.

Residents in the United States generally process Chinese visa applications at one of the Chinese Embassies or Consulates in the U.S. China has five consulates in the U.S., located in the following cities: Washington D.C. (Embassy), New York (New York), Chicago (Chicago), San Francisco (San Francisco), and Los Angeles (Los Angeles). Each consulate has its own jurisdiction, usually determined by the applicant's address proof or driver's license address, to decide at which consulate to apply. Consulates do not accept mail-in applications, but you can use an agent to submit your materials on your behalf. It's best to find an agent like CEV VIP, with an office near the consulate, to reduce the risk of losing your documents.

Chinese residency requirements and conditions

The Q1 visa in China is designed for foreigners who intend to have a long-term reunion with family members living in China. However, obtaining the visa is just the beginning. Q1 visa holders must understand and comply with China's residence requirements and legal regulations. This article aims to provide a comprehensive guide for Q1 visa holders, helping them smoothly adapt and reside legally in China.

Residence permit application

Once you arrive in China with a Q1 visa, your first priority is to apply for a residence permit at the local Exit and Entry Administration within 30 days. This step is crucial as it converts your short-term visa into a long-term residence permit. During the application process, you need to submit a series of documents including your passport, health certificate, identification and proof of residence of your Chinese family member.

If you enter China with a Q1 visa, you need to submit two things: one is the identity proof of the family member you are visiting, and the other is a letter proving your family relationship. If you hold other types of visas, you also need to provide documents proving the family relationship. Specifically, for people under 18 and over 60 years old, the residence permit they can obtain has a maximum validity of 3 years. However, for those under 18, the validity of the residence permit cannot exceed the date of their 18th birthday. For others, the maximum validity period of the residence permit they can obtain is usually 2 years.

If you are an overseas Chinese or a Chinese expatriate fostering a foreign minor under 18 years old in China, the guardian entrusted with the care of your child can apply for a residence permit valid for up to 3 years for your child. However, similarly, this validity period cannot exceed the date of the child's 18th birthday. In this case, you need to submit the following documents: the child's birth certificate, photocopies of the parents' passports (if one or both parents are Chinese, photocopies of their proof of settlement abroad are also required), a letter of authorization from the parents, a letter of entrustment from the guardian (this letter should clearly state who is the child’s caretaker or guardian, the duration of fostering, etc.), as well as the guardian's household registration proof or proof of residence and identity card from their actual place of residence.

Validity and extension of residence permit

The validity period of a residence permit typically varies based on individual circumstances, ranging from one year to several years. If you wish to stay in China beyond the time allowed by your permit, you must apply for an extension before the current permit expires. It's advisable to start this process at least one month in advance to avoid any impact on your legal residency status due to procedural delays.

As a Q1 visa holder in China, your residency comes with specific legal obligations. Firstly, you need to ensure you always have a valid residence permit. Secondly, you should report any changes in your place of residence within the stipulated time. This includes moving or leaving your usual place of residence for an extended period. Additionally, you should comply with all Chinese laws and regulations, including but not limited to tax and social conduct norms.

Conditions for long-term residence

To maintain the validity of the Q1 visa, holders must meet certain conditions. Most importantly, you cannot engage in any activities that violate the conditions of the visa, such as illegal work. Additionally, you must adhere to all Chinese laws and social norms. Any serious illegal behavior may lead to the cancellation of your residence permit and you may be required to leave China.

Understanding and complying with these residency requirements and conditions is crucial for living safely and legally in China. As a Q1 visa holder, you have the responsibility to ensure that your actions align with these regulations. By adhering to these guidelines, you can enjoy valuable time reuniting with your family while ensuring your residency status remains trouble-free. During your stay in China, if you have any questions or difficulties, it is advisable to consult the local Exit and Entry Administration or a professional legal advisor in a timely manner.

Customer Cases


Our clients are a Chinese couple living in the United States, and their child, whom we refer to as "Zoe," was born in the U.S. As their desire to reconnect with family in China grew, they decided to send Zoe back to China to reunite with her grandparents. Since Zoe is a U.S. citizen, they needed to apply for a Chinese Q1 Reunion Visa for her. Consequently, they contacted the CEV VIP Chinese Visa Agent Service for assistance with this process.

As a U.S. citizen, Zoe needs to meet specific requirements to obtain a Q1 visa. This includes documents proving the family relationship, as well as other relevant documents in accordance with Chinese visa policies. Additionally, since Zoe is young, her parents hope that the entire application process can be as smooth and fast as possible.


The CEV VIP team first conducted a detailed consultation with the clients, clarifying all the necessary documents and steps. We prepared a clear checklist of documents for them, including Zoe's birth certificate, photocopies of the parents' passports, and other essential documents. Then, we assisted them in preparing a detailed proof of family relationship, which is crucial for the successful application of the Q1 visa. Our professional team also helped them with all necessary translation work and ensured that all documents met the requirements of the Chinese consulate.

With the professional assistance of CEV VIP, Zoe's Q1 visa application process went very smoothly. We not only helped them save time but also ensured the entire application process was error-free. Ultimately, Zoe successfully obtained her Q1 visa and reunited with her family in China. The CEV VIP team understands that every visa application carries a family's hopes and dreams. We are proud to have helped Zoe and her family and look forward to continuing to assist more families in realizing their dreams of reunion. For families facing similar situations, our team is always ready to provide the most professional and thoughtful service.

Need Assistance? We're Here to Help. Contact Us Today

Help is Just a Click Away. Contact Us for More Information

Tel: 1-320-844-4444(US)

Email: [email protected]

    If you have any questions, please leave your contact information and we will reply to you as soon as possible

    Need Help? Contact Us.


    [email protected]